I was thinking back to my pregnancy with Laken and have realized a few things are different this time around.
1st trimester last time I lost 14lbs and doc wasn't worried. This time I'm gaining weight and have a bit of a bump already at 11w2d.
Last time at 10 weeks almost 11 weeks I went into the ER with heavy bright red bleeding. I was freaking out thinking I had lost the baby and when I had an ultrasound done I was so relieved that baby was still in there moving all over the place. I was told I had a threatened miscarriage. I was discharged and went on like normal, wasn't put on any kind of bed rest, the next day i went to work and took and advancement exam.
When I was still on sea duty my LPO and other supervisors tried to get me to continue my job as DCPO ( Damage Control Petty Officer) i.e work with chemicals that are not safe for a pregnant woman to inhale. Even when I had orders to go to shore duty our NC1 had them canceled. All this put a lot of mental and physical stress on me. Not to mention our ship was in dry dock and i had to go up and down +60 stairs every time i wanted to get on and off the ship. In the heat of the summer.
This time my work environment is less stress full but there is still some stress with working nights on a 5-2 schedule. And on days where I just can't stop throwing up my supervisor sends me home or just tells me to stay home.
I am trying to stay positive and think positive that Dave and I will have a take home baby.

Saturday, September 11, 2010
NP- Last Time
Labels: comparison
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment